Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hell Week = Heaven?

It's finally happening! Tech week is upon us and were finally getting a move on.

This week has been a plethora of new experiences for me. Yesterday was my first time in a legit dressing room. There was lights and mirrors and chairs. I felt special because it was only for the principle actors. Which, yes, also means we are finally on stage for good. This is also my first time navigating the wings of another stage. Some actor right? Ha, well twelve shows at Notre Dame has consumed me to the point of not having the opportunity at other companies. This is so much fun! It was the first time my hair was almost too large to fit in my car too, but that was quite fun as well.

All in all, my doubts are totally at ease. Once the show began yesterday on stage with costumes makeup and some lights (no set or sound) something powerful overcame me. It was one of those moments like "Wow, I was born to do this. This is my element, my calling.. I am incredibly happy." And that made all the worries, long drives and other little things so unimportant.

The show is almost ready to open! A few more tech rehearsals and we've got a great thing under our belts. I cannot wait to have an audience!

So what I've learned for now is, its all worth it. Your passion will make your performance a spectacle. There's always so much more to learn no matter how much you think you know.

And most importantly, "Just keep on dreaming!"

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

3 comments:

  1. The "always so much more to learn" part of your post is the most significant. If you hold on to that, the stage will change your life, and the lives of those who work with you, and see you perform.

    It is always sad to me when I end up in a cast that doesn't see this. But when you are with people who do see it...amazing things start to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so cool! I'm so glad you decided to double major in Acting, because you're truly a great actress and I can see you going far, or continuing to do this wayyy in to the future.

    This is so great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty, Its the single most important thing i've learned from this show! Its honestly a blessing to know that i'm basically a newborn in the acting world, because its always so much more fun when you're learning!

    Dondre, Thank you so much! I honestly hope you're right. I don't know what my life would be if I didn't have this little burst of passion from time to time!

    ReplyDelete